Thursday, September 29, 2005

Done. All of me.

I just finished an article on role-play I have been struggling with since June. It has been delayed, lost, stolen and now finally finished. I am so done. Now it's up to the editors to say if the like it or not. To my eye it looks fragmented and sparse, as it is at least 5 pages shorter than I had planned. Hopefully it will appear economical and clear. Who knows. In my present state of mind, I don't. All I can think of is that this is the right moment for the bottle of champagne in the fridge, from the duty-free shop in Oslo.

3 comments:

Torill said...

Can't find it anywhere for a while :) When/if it is published, I will publish the reference in my sidebar, as usual.

hobbes said...

Isn't that a great feeling - when you finally get something done that's been hanging over you for a long time..
Skaal.

Torill said...

I love the feeling of having achieved something. It may not be that much of an achievement, just doing the dishes feels good: not while I do them, but afterwards. I think my experience of happiness is closely related to having finished a demanding task. I can be happy in other situations, but having finished something tough certainly helps!