Saturday, September 11, 2004

Terrorism

Today is a sad, strange day, It is sunny, like three years ago. I am using my laptop in the livingroom, as I was then. But I am not desperately trying to get in touch with my NYC connection, to find out if he is safely out of the lower end of of Manhattan.

The 11th of September changed the news. It also shocked America out of the aloof isolationism, as it experienced a direct attack. The backlash is still sweeping over the world.

But terrorism is older than three years ago, and it happened and happens all over the world. Barcelona and Jakarta are only the most recent examples. Sometimes we tend to forget this, in the face of the massive tragedy of perhaps the most successful terrorist attack ever.

To mark the day I bring you the Norwegian Institute of International Affairs, and their knowledge base on terrorism and international crime.

No comments: