Thursday, June 10, 2004

Going commercial
In May 2002 I was a participant in an experiment in the Eyebeam atelier. They were testing name-tags for social interaction through electronic interaction. Yesterday, the lovely japanese girl in the story sent an email with a link to the website for the nTAG, the commercial version of the tags we tested.

I really don't know what I feel about the commecial version. I mean - it was fun to play with as an experiment, where i could let myself go and get into the joy of the experiment. For a conference or a more formal party where I'd expect to employ a minimum of manner - I am not sure how it would work. But I guess, at geeky gatherings with holodeck karaoke and interactive dancefloors, I can see the people checking their tags and comparing scores, definitely.

No comments: