Sunday, March 23, 2003

Salam Pax on reality
:: Friday, March 21, 2003 ::

as usual Diane comes to the rescue
IS SALAM PAX REAL?
please stop sending emails asking if I were for real, don't belive it? then don't read it.
I am not anybody's propaganda ploy, well except my own.
2 more hours untill the B52's get to Iraq.
:: salam 7:05 AM [+] ::


Good attitude. The reality or not of online persona is a lot less important to me than what they actually say. I am intrigued by Where is Raed and I’ll keep reading it. But that is because I think of blogs as highly subjective, and as such not the carriers of the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. If I thought I could get objective information through blogs, I’d probably be very interesting in determining the “real” source of this blog. In that case I would have a real trouble most places online.

For instance, I got an ETA yesterday. That is an Electronic Travel Authority for Australia, one that will let me visit on a tourist visa: up to three months at the time for the next year. But who knows, the 20 dollar I paid may by now be in the pocket of some clever scamster, and when I get to Australia I’ll be refused entry and sent back on the next plane. It could turn out to be a rather expensive error. Reading Where is Raed holds no such danger, and I do it freely and with great interest.

No comments: